|Family & Friends|
Gert Verhulst (Berchem, January 24, 1968) is a Flemish actor, singer, screenwriter, film director, bussinesman and television host, best known for his role as Gert in the first ever Studio 100 show Samson and Gert. He is one of the three founders of Studio 100.
In 1987, Gert Verhulst started working as a host for the BRT. Since Christmas 1989, he has been accompanied by Samson. The two television host were so popular that they got their own show called Samson and Gert.
From 1992 until 1997, Verhulst hosted his selfmade show Say Uhm. In 1997 Verhulst left the BRT to collaborate with its rival VTM. There he presented the show What did you say?. After that he hosted Linx and in 1999 he hosted the game show What?.
Verhulst divorced in 2003. He has two kids. He is currently in a relationship.
- In 2007 he won the game show Best Friends together with his best friend Jelle Cleymans.
- In 2008, he, alongside co-founder Bourlon, was chosen Manager of the year.
- He is the most famous out of the three founders.
- He dated two singers from the group K3.
- He is the only actor from Samson and Gert to have appeared in every episode.